Thursday, December 19, 2013

Allowed

Last night I watched the 10 o'clock news. While the advertisements were on, and I was dozing off, I was reminded that we have been in the middle of the holiday shopping season. It was actually refreshing for me to see Christmas shopping commercials, listening to Christmas music, watching pictures of snow and festive colors.

Usually between Thanksgiving and New Years, I would be totally overwhelmed by various holiday ads from different channels, and pulling my hair out. 

It helped that I just came back from a 3-week trip to the Far East. I have been reacquainting myself with my day to day life, while unmistakeably soaking in and appreciating every moment. It was as if my "cup" was some how being emptied, filled with my Asian experiences, then it was emptied again and now it was being filled again, slowly, happily and steadily.

Once in a while, it's nice to be able to choose to allow commercials to amuse me, instead of being frustrated by them. The question is, how do we "drain our cups" once a while, so that we can look at things, even possibly annoying things with a child-like innocence?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What To Do in a Rainy Sunday Before Election Tuesday?

It’s June 5th, 2022, and we are graced by unseasonal pouring rain. We rejoice with gratitude. We went to Main Street to have breakfast, then...