Thursday, November 29, 2012

Temptations

If you received as many junk mails as I do, you will probably understand and sympathize the difficulty to resist all the emails about holiday sales! Everyone is trying to sell something these days. I receive about 20 such emails everyday. At the same time advertisers bombard us via TV ads, annoying website popups and glossy mail catalogs. This is just too much and distasteful.

I have been doing really good so far, of course the minute I say this I would start to break, but I have not done any online or real shopping since black Friday started.

It's not like I don't open emails from vendors such as Bare Essential to see their up to 70% sales items, and certainly the 25% off coach coupon is ever so tempting, but I delete every such email everyday and put it behind me. I am not going to participate in fueling the American economy.

Does it work? It had been working so far, but I have no idea how long it will last, so I'll just roll with it.

At this point, I think buying more stuff for myself will not bring me as much happiness as the bitterness and depression I will get when I pay my credit card bills. So there is the motivation!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What To Do in a Rainy Sunday Before Election Tuesday?

It’s June 5th, 2022, and we are graced by unseasonal pouring rain. We rejoice with gratitude. We went to Main Street to have breakfast, then...