Thursday, May 8, 2014

Regimen

I just got over the worst sore throat ever. My throat on the left side felt like having acid burn. The worst time, the neck area was swollen, and swallowing would bring stabbing pain. At some point, I couldn't even open my mouth. Imagine living under such pain for 3 days? It is something I don't want to experience ever again.

I went to the doctor's office, she gave me a checkup and a test, then told me to go home and take some pain killer and drink a lot of water. She said the test results from the lab would take 2 days, so she would contact me then if I actually needed some antibiotics. I didn't share her optimism, but there was nothing else I could do.

Following the order, I took the pain killer, but it didn't help at all. So I kept my mouth shut and moped in pain. It was troublesome, because the pain did not reduce a bit. I could only eat soup and drink water. It felt like I was going to live like this forever, so I started get used to it.

Finally yesterday morning, I started a regimen. In addition to drinking water like a fish, I gurgled with light salt water and used sore throat spray every 2 hours since the beginning of the day. It seemed to be too simple, and it was hard to believe some salt water would actually did anything to diminish the gigantic swelling pain, but in the late afternoon, I actually started to feel better.

Who would have known?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What To Do in a Rainy Sunday Before Election Tuesday?

It’s June 5th, 2022, and we are graced by unseasonal pouring rain. We rejoice with gratitude. We went to Main Street to have breakfast, then...