Thursday, May 8, 2014

Listen to your mother

This happened many years ago, but it's actually an embarrassing story, so I kept it to myself. I'll make this a special topic to honor Mother's Day.

One morning I got in my car preparing to head to work. I took a sip of water from the coffee mug, which was left in the cup holder in the car for a few days. When I open the mug, I was shocked to find a live spider crawling under the cover. I rushed into the house to have the mug washed instantly.

That's when I realized, some rules of mom's must be followed, because they make sense: rinse the bottles and cups before drinking out of them; don't leave the cups in the car for too long; clear the clutters; keep your house clean ......



3 comments:

  1. Of course, spiders are protein so Y could have drank it and been ok. That is the 'mountain man' perspective. Also, Y's mother as all kinds of things she says that come from...who knows where but definitely not based on any scientific body of work :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hum... In my point of view, it all depends on how long the mug has been sitting in the car. If it's one day at most, I would wipe the spider away (of the mug and the car) and drink the water. If more, I don't drink the water (unless awfully thirsty ;-)
    Spiders are rather useful animals, they eat flies and other small insects. If there are spiders somewhere, it's because they can find something to eat... and they won't touch your food like flies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another nice blog. I am enjoying them so much. If that is your most embarrassing moment you have nothing to fear! Yoga to the rescue!

    ReplyDelete

What To Do in a Rainy Sunday Before Election Tuesday?

It’s June 5th, 2022, and we are graced by unseasonal pouring rain. We rejoice with gratitude. We went to Main Street to have breakfast, then...