Sunday, September 2, 2012

Revelation

I used to enjoy having revelations. Recently though, some of my revelations unfortunately reveal my ignorance. Especially when you consider someone being in some kind of misconception for over 30 years, now that is not funny.

Growing up in China, I used to be told, and was proud of our ancient culture, long history, technologies and literature achievements. After all, China is one of the four ancient cultures. We had our Gods and Traditional Chinese Medicine, with herbs that mothers put in soups to keep the family healthy.

Recently, I found that some Indian cultures and history have amazing parallels to the Chinese. I was told about the jaw-dropping hundred million Hindu Gods and the Ayurveda ways. I suspect that the Chinese got our religion from India, obviously: Buddhism came to China and the rest of Asia from India. In addition, the Hindi Gods are also similar to Roman Gods.

http://www.helium.com/items/1570778-similarities-between-the-hindu-and-greek-gods

So, who is the most ancient culture? :) Does it matter?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What To Do in a Rainy Sunday Before Election Tuesday?

It’s June 5th, 2022, and we are graced by unseasonal pouring rain. We rejoice with gratitude. We went to Main Street to have breakfast, then...