Saturday, July 20, 2013

Gadgets and multitasking

This one night I went to the HK bistro close to the airport for dinner on my own after Yoga. I sat next the window on the single table, took off my glasses, so I could be just relaxed and enjoyed being there.

When my food came, this guy came in and sat at the single table in front of me. Since he had his back to me, I couldn't really see what he looked like, but it didn't matter. We each had our privacy and distance.

From what I could see and hear though, he had a wireless headset on and had not stopped talking on the phone all through his dinner. He was talking and eating at the same time. When I left, and as I walked by him, I also saw him playing games on his cellphone while talking at the same time.

I was quite amazed how gadgets took multitasking to a new level in peoples lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What To Do in a Rainy Sunday Before Election Tuesday?

It’s June 5th, 2022, and we are graced by unseasonal pouring rain. We rejoice with gratitude. We went to Main Street to have breakfast, then...