Monday, July 15, 2013

Why did I get certified?

Everyone asks me: "Do you want to teach?"
And I'm like: "I can teach if being asked to." Usually it accompanies with a polite and almost apologetic smile, because I know this is not a very assertive answer that people expect.

There are many reasons why I wanted to certify as a Yoga teacher. One of the reasons is I love my teacher, Jean, and her style. I like to learn more Yoga techniques and philosophies with her. If you read some of my previous postings, you may find some references on how happy I was after her Thursday evening classes. I really like to learn how and why certain poses and practices can make such a transformation in people after only 90 minutes. I think if I can learn it and help others, it would be really nice.

Another very important factor was because of my mother. See, my mother has been pretty skeptical about whatever I did in my life and for that matter, whatever I told her ... haha ... isn't this classic? I found that since I got certified, when I told her something about a stretch that would be good for her, she actually took me seriously. To experience this makes the whole process totally worth it!

Isn't this what our lives are all about, to get the approval from our parents once in a while?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What To Do in a Rainy Sunday Before Election Tuesday?

It’s June 5th, 2022, and we are graced by unseasonal pouring rain. We rejoice with gratitude. We went to Main Street to have breakfast, then...