Sunday, November 16, 2014

Caffe Mezza Luna

After a lazy start this morning, I managed to convince Jack to go to Caffe Mezza Luna for brunch.

There was some sun in the morning, and it was especially comfortable. The cafe is located in the Harbor village, around the harbor, of course.  We stopped by the bakery stand at the farmer's market at the parking lot just to wet our appetite.

When we got to the cafe, there was a long line, and I was a little worried that Jack would become impatient and wanted to go. But there wasn't any time sensitive activities we had in plan, so we stayed.

Jack told me what he wanted, then went to take a seat and I waited in line to make order. The pastries at the display looked so yummy. It was good that it was a bit of a wait before I got to order, so that I had enough time to make up my mind about what I want.

At the cashier, I ordered the two egg over easy with bacon, quiche, tiramisu and a pumkin spice latte. I got a number and my tiramisu, then went to our table. It was a nice day, and a lot of people chose to sit at the patio, so there were plenty of tables for everyone. I enjoyed looking out the window, at the people waiting outside of the other restaurant, Flavor California Comfort Food, and Jack enjoyed watching the Niners game on TV.

We waited a little, and our food came. I really enjoyed my quiche, as it was SO fluffy and light. The salad was OK. Jack was OK about his breakfast. He said the eggs were just the way he liked it, bacon was delicious and the toast was good. The latte was delicious and it was not too sweet. We ate the tiramisu last, and it was a little too sweet for me, but I think it would be better with some coffee.

I'm glad we went there for brunch in this nice morning. I can still feel quite relaxed. I would call this cafe a local charm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What To Do in a Rainy Sunday Before Election Tuesday?

It’s June 5th, 2022, and we are graced by unseasonal pouring rain. We rejoice with gratitude. We went to Main Street to have breakfast, then...