Sunday, November 17, 2013

Flawless skin

One time I went shopping at Nordstrom, that is, in the days when I still had time to go shopping. I was riding the escalator down to the main floor, and saw a big advertisement sign hanging off the high ceiling, saying: flawless skin, and next to it a young model showing off her beautiful face.

It caught my attention for a flash of a second. Who didn't want flawless skin? Then I realized it was an advertisement for the Channel cosmetics. So to the cosmetics business, flawless skin means covering the flaws of the skin. For sure some products do a better job than others, and the effectiveness depends on the pricing.

I don't know about you, but to me, it is ironic and a tad manipulative.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What To Do in a Rainy Sunday Before Election Tuesday?

It’s June 5th, 2022, and we are graced by unseasonal pouring rain. We rejoice with gratitude. We went to Main Street to have breakfast, then...