Saturday, November 16, 2013

Guy Ritchie overload

Last night we watched two Guy Ritchie movies back to back: "Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels" and then "Snatch."

I liked the "Sherlock Holmes" movies, but these two were Ritchie's debute movies, which helped him rise to fame.

As much as I enjoyed and appreciate them, watching two intense British gangster movies was challenging.

First, I had to sort out the who's who in different groups of intertwined activities, which involve mainly the top dogs getting rich via killing, gambling, and robbing ...

Secondly, unlike mainstream Hollywood gangster movies, in which characters don't talk much, except for Pulp Fiction, I guess, the Guy Ritche movies had a lot of dialogs. The British accent made it more difficult to follow.

Thirdly, these two movies are visually bloody and violent. At the end all the bad guys got killed, while those who innocently stirred things up walked away free.

At least these were my first impressions of these 2 movies after the double feature.

The stories are very tightly written, and the dialogs are interesting. I can see myself watching them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What To Do in a Rainy Sunday Before Election Tuesday?

It’s June 5th, 2022, and we are graced by unseasonal pouring rain. We rejoice with gratitude. We went to Main Street to have breakfast, then...